Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Little Stove

Last eve I made this little stove from a very simple kit. Its size is less than 1 inch (about 2.5 cm) all around.

I'll use it for the 'O gauge' train maintenance depot, which is one of the projects currently in the 'pipeline'. Just wanted to give the guys working there something to keep warm during the cold winter months, and to allow them to boil water for tea or coffee (black, no sugar please, these guys are tough!).

The wood used as fuel for the stove comes from Romania, and actually I burned it a bit to create a more realistic effect inside the stove, even when this will not be visible to whomever looks at it. I must say the wood smelled very nice too, I should do that more often!

Considering that the place where the stove will be located is pretty dusty, I weathered it accordingly. I hope you like it, please leave a comment if you do (and the same if you don't, as constructive feedback is always appreciated!).










1 comment:

  1. That is so nice and it looks realistic for such a tiny stove. I can't wait to see it in situ in one of your miniature projects.

    ReplyDelete