Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Ghosts

It's Sunday and I'm looking at the 'girl on the postcard'. The card was sent with "best wishes" back in 1916, more than a century ago. The girl, beautiful, with a mischievous look in her eyes, looks at the from the mists of time.



Who was she? Was she a professional model, or just a well-to-do girl, who posed for a greeting card? How did her life unfold? Did she do something 'artistic', was she married, did she have kids..? How long did she live?

I guess I'll never know. And maybe it's better that way. Because now I can fantasize about her, and pretend she's still alive, as she looks a me with those witty and seductive eyes, from the top of the living room chest of drawers. 

She's one of the ghosts that live here with me, and keep me safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment