Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Jane's attic update LIV: A little go-cart.

Hi all! Here's another addition to Jane's attic: a 1:12 scale go-cart which I got as a kit.
Even though I followed the basic building instructions faithfully, I decided to apply some changes of my own, in order to make it look more according to my taste.


One of the main differences with the original kit was replacing the paper artwork which came with it with the image of a vintage red car painted on the side panels, and a number 3 on the back panel, just to give it that extra 'racing' look. 





The weathering was also done 'my' way, with the purpose of giving the cart some history of its own. After all, this little go-cart saw a lot of action in its heyday, and its 'battle scars' (the wear and tear) should be evident at first glance!





The measurements of the cart are approx. 7x4x2 cm, or 2,75x1,57x0.78 inches.





Below image: some basic padding was also added to the seat of the cart, just to make the kids feel a little bit more comfortable during the ride. It's not fixed, so it can be removed if need be.



I hope you enjoyed this pictorial 'walk-around'! I think the little cart looks the part, so I'm pretty happy with it!

* * *
Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

2 comments: