Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

A Spade for a Girl


Hi all, I hope you're doing well!! 

The last couple of weeks have been quite busy for me, and the weather has not been very helpful either, but nonetheless I managed to work on a few things.

Apart from the big, long term "Sad Kitten" project which I'm currently involved in, I did a small, Halloween-themed shadow box in between.

I won't reveal much of it right now.. after all, it's not Halloween quite yet! But I can tell you that I'm quite satisfied with this little shadow box, and that it only took me three evenings to complete!



However, it being a bit off-scale (meaning not in a specifically defined scale like 1:24 or 1:12), it was hard to find miniatures that fit. One of the things that I needed was an old spade, which, of course could not be found in the required size (not even a new one, for that matter). So I decided to make one myself, which you can see here.


I'm pretty happy with how it came out, considering how small it is! I made it out of aluminum and wood, because I consider those 'natural' materials, unlike plastic, which I try to avoid as much as I can. Below is a close up pic of it in the shadow box. On Halloween the whole box will be revealed. It's definitely not a 'one-off' project, because the main character will feature in other ones!



That's all for now, folks! Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author. 

3 comments:

  1. It's perfect José, It couldn't get any better than this. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Rebecca, I really appreciate your encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Very atmospheric and the old dirty shovel is Great! Makes me think that since you've called it a girl's shovel, that the girl might be burying her dolls

    ReplyDelete