Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Working on an old lamppost.

Hi all, I hope you're doing well!

I'm currently experimenting on a prewar vintage lamppost, which lacked its light and wiring. The post is meant to be used as part of the scenery of 'O gauge' toy trains.


So what I did was to find a miniature spot light that would match with the 'industrial' style of the lamppost. Then I weathered the spot, otherwise it would look too new, compared to the aged look of the post. 


The spot was then fitted to the lamppost in a temporary way, just to get an idea of how it would look like (see above image). When finished, the electrical wiring will run through the inside of the pole, so it won't be seen. I will also add some kind of hook or chain to hold the spot light in place.

Note that I'm not trying to make a copy of the original lamppost, but am creating a variant of my own that will work.

That's all for now, folks! As always, thanks for visiting, and please check out this blog from time to time for news and updates. Have a great one!


© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

2 comments:

  1. You have done such an amazing job on this José. Looks so realistic. Well done.

    ReplyDelete