Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, November 28, 2022

War Horse

Hi all, I hope you're doing well!

The First World War saw the introduction of a new, deadly weapon: the tank. First used in combat by the British in September 1916, the tank revolutionized modern warfare, and has been the spearhead of every land army ever since. 

I've always been fascinated by the otherworldly appearance of those 'archaic' war machines of the Great War. So after seeing a video featuring a stunning replica of one of these monsters (a British Mk IV), I decided to pay it a humble tribute by using a still from the video as the basis to create something that would resemble a WWI photograph. I do hope I succeed in my endeavor.

The replica was constructed for Steven Spielberg's 2011 film "War Horse." It was based on original Mk IV's present at the Tank Museum in Bovington Camp, England. After shooting the film, the special effects studio that made the tank sold it the museum, which added it to their collection. The cool thing about it is that it's not just a static display, but can actually 'move around' through the mud like a real one.

I hope you liked my "WWI era photo" and please visit the Tank Museum's beautiful website and support them for the great work they do. I've put a link down below. Have a great week ahead!

https://tankmuseum.org/


© 2022  José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment