Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Creativity

Last Thursday, I visited the magnificent, interactive, "Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition", which is currently 'touring' through Europe. As a life-time Star Wars fan, I felt like I was in heaven, watching all the original items on display!

Original artwork by George Lucas showing the top view of the Millennium Falcon, as seen on the Star Wars Identities exhibition. Copyright: Lucasfilm Ltd.
One of the items shown was a drawing of the Millennium Falcon, the iconic freighter used by Han Solo and Chewbacca. I learned that George Lucas got the idea for the shape of the space ship from an hamburger
 
When I read this, I somehow immediately identified with this way of thinking, or rather, how the creative mind works. Like Lucas, I also see different things in everyday objects, much to the amazement and delight of people around me. And I think that the same goes for most of us, the 'creative people'. George Lucas saw a spaceship in an hamburger, where most other people just see an hamburger, and eat it! Perhaps parents should allow their kids to 'play with their food' after all. After all, it did make George Lucas rich and famous!
 
I got a big smile on my face and took the above picture as a momentum.  And I felt blessed with 'The Force' within me...

No comments:

Post a Comment