Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, June 22, 2018

Breaking New Ground

few days ago, I decided to start working on something completely new: my very first home-made dolls house! It's definitely 'uncharted territory' for me, and although I will be only constructing the upper part, or attic, it is quite a challenge! This is where the lessons learned while building the circus wagon will become very valuable indeed!


Everything is being designed and built from scratch, except for the door and the window that you see on the pictures, which were ready made (but which, of course, I'll 'weather' to pieces!).


The attic will have s slanted roof and even dormers! The walls and roof will be removable for photography purposes. Once finished, it will become Jane's attic, and believe me, it will look great! It's a lot of work, but I'm quite confident it will turn out just the way I envisioned it! I never settle for less, you know..! Will keep you posted!


3 comments:

  1. Wow!! You are off on a good start José. It's already looking great and I'm sure that it will turn out to be a fantastic project like the rest. I can't wait to see this attic taking shape. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you, Rebecca, for your encouraging words, as always! I will do my very best here! :)

      Delete
  2. Your work is Always Superb, therefore I already KNOW that Jane's Attic is going to be a Real Treat too!

    ReplyDelete