Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Jane's attic update No L: a crucifix.

Hi all,


Here's a new little item for the attic: a crucifix. I made it using wood, cardboard and paper. The figure of the Christ is purposely quite abstract, because the idea was not to create a distinct and anatomically perfect image, but rather a 'feeling', a recognizable 'symbol' of the Passion.


The image below shows the miniature in the palm of my hand. It measures 2,5 x 2,0 cm (0,98 x 0,78 inches), so it's quite small.


Below is a possible location for the crucifix, above a dresser. It's by no means a central location, being on one of the side walls, yet I feel the image is quite 'commanding' nonetheless; its presence can be felt even when looking at the attic as a whole. Not sure if I'll leave it there, but I do definitely like it.



* * *


Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

2 comments:

  1. A marvelous piece José. It's perfect especially for such a tiny miniature. I love it! Well done once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca!! I must say this is indeed a good place for the crucifix, so I'll leave it there! :)

      Delete