Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, December 9, 2019

A little green colander.

Hi everybody, as always, I hope you're all doing well!

Here's another 1:12 scale miniature that I want to share with you: a cute little green enamel colander that I just finished working on!


I love doing these small 'projects', because their limited scope allows me to focus and complete them relatively quickly. This can be helpful when one has limited time available, or lacks the energy to embark on a big project that can take weeks, if not months to complete! 



So I worked on the little colander, and made sure to give it that 'weathered enamel look' that I like so much! I think that it worked out pretty well! 

Just imagine this poor colander spending years rusting away in an abandoned house, until someone discovered it and made the pics shown here....


But it didn't start like that. In the beginning, the colander was a simple copper miniature which didn't even have any real holes in it. So I drilled some holes, then polished the brass.. I mean, the copper, as shown in the below image.


Then came the paint job to make it look like enamel. It took me quite some time and lots of patience to get it as I wanted, but when I was finally done it was 'party time', meaning time to have some fun photographing it!





The above pictures were taken in an old and dilapidated, metal dolls house that I have. I think the rusty floors match perfectly with the colander!

Then I took it to the 'Centennial' dolls house and placed it on the kitchen counter, right next to the coffee grinder which I also finished recently. I think it looks the part there, don't you agree?




That's all for now, folks! As always, thanks for visiting, and please check out this blog from time to time for news and updates. Have a great week ahead!



© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

1 comment: