Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Geschützwagen / Panzerzug World War I

Hi everybody, as always, I hope you're doing great!

Today I used a coffee stop at the McDonald's on my way home to work out an idea I had in my head for my next project.

It will combine my love for 'O Gauge' toy trains with my fascination for old military hardware, specially of WWI vintage. During the duration of the Great War (1914-18), most -if not all-  countries involved in the conflict used armored trains to transport men and supplies to and from the front lines. These vehicles were heavily adapted locomotives and wagons with thick armor, and armed with all types of guns and cannons. 

The Germans called these awe inspiring war machines "Geschützwagens" or "Panzerzugs", which means "protected cars" and "armored trains" respectively.




My project won't be a scale recreation of one of these machines, but rather my own interpretation, inspired by them. So, basically I'm creating my own "Panzerzug"! 

In line with the 'toy train' tradition, the armored rail car will be detailed, but definitely not a replica of one of those 'unearthly' machines that rolled across Europe more than a century ago.

That's all for now, folks! As always, thanks for visiting, and please check out this blog from time to time for news and updates. Have a great one!


© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

1 comment:

  1. Wow José!!! Totally loved the sketch and I am looking forward to see the progress of your new project.

    ReplyDelete