Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Transforming a little chair.

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well!

Today I'm sharing a little 'project' I just did, just for the fun of it.

It came as a by-catch with some miniatures I bought recently: a wooden chair wrapped in some 'silky', pink fabric, indicating it was probably part of some 'wedding' theme of sorts. In any case, the fabric was stained, and even if it weren't, I found it pretty ugly anyway.

So I removed it, and found this rather stiff looking chair hidden underneath it. I didn't know what to make of it, so I decided to turn it into something of an old 'kitchen chair'; the type that had been witness to many conversations throughout the years; the type that knows stories of joy, of sorrow, of love, happy times, less happy ones, and even the casual domestic quarrel.

I sanded it down, and as I went along I gave it its distinctive weathered look, including a slight 'depression' in its seat.

 
 
At some point, the whole thing fell apart under the violence of the sanding and the dremel, but I put it back together and finished it just the way I wanted. The images here show the chair through its different stages of transformation. And to be honest, I'm pretty happy with the result!
 
 

That's all for now, folks. Thanks for visiting, keep safe, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

2 comments: