Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, November 12, 2020

An Old Fire Extinguisher.

Hi everyone, I hope you're doing well!

Here I am with a small project I want to share with you. Sometimes I buy a cheap miniature item, and work on it to 'upgrade' it to something special, just for the fun of it. This time it was a metal fire extinguisher.

As you can see here below, it was quite basic, so something needed to be done to it, to make it more fitting of my style!


So I cut off the rigid (metal) hose and nozzle, removed the sticker wrapped around it, and worked on the paint with the dremel. I added authentic 'instructions stickers' specially printed for me by Rebecca Micallef, then kind of half destroyed them, and added real rust powder and weathering to give the fire extinguisher that old, dilapidated look that I love to give to all my miniatures! Finally, I added a new flexible hose and nozzle, and weathered them as well.

 

I think it came out pretty nice, I must say! This fire extinguisher looks like it has been rusting away in an abandoned factory or something. Yeah, it definitely has a life of its own now!

 

That's all for now, folks. Thanks for visiting, keep safe, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow José! This is so impressive. The transformation is perfect. Well done. So proud of you 😊

    ReplyDelete