Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, November 30, 2020

Small Projects: A Humble Plunger.

Hi everyone, I hope you're doing well!

Here I am with another very small project I want to share with you. Sometimes I buy a cheap miniature item, and work on it to 'upgrade' it to something nicer, just for the fun of it. This time it was a drain plunger.

 

Although I have to say the original miniature was already quite true to life (rubber suction cup and wooden handle), the cup's color was quite off: the rubber was transparent and showed a very fragile-looking, light pink hue; nothing like your average old plunger. So I disassembled it, painted the cup inside out in a more familiar color, and made it seem used and robust. I also 'fixed' the wooden handle by making it 'aged', cos originally it looked as if it had just left the Walmart.

I hope you like the result. It was fun to do, and now I can add it to one of my old miniature kitchens. You never know it may be needed!


That's all for now, folks. Thanks for visiting, keep safe, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

 

2 comments: