Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A rusty searchlight truck

Today this beauty was added to my collection of antique, rusty toys. It's a GAMA military tin searchlight truck made in West-Germany in the 1950's.


It's not complete and covered with rust, but that's exactly what makes it appealing to me! I've seen examples of this truck online in mint condition, but they do not come anywhere near this one in terms of charm and charisma.



I'll try to bring the searchlight to life, leaving the rest 'as is', which will give it a very special look, I'm sure! These pics are intended to present the rusty fellow to you. Measuring 29 cm (11,5 inches) in lenght, and with its searchlight standing 19 cm, or 7,5 inches, tall, one can hardly call it a 'miniature', but it has a lot of potential and that's all I care about!



© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice one. And the weathering and rust does give it more character. I think the old chap has quite a past to share. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right, Rebecca!! Thanks again for your encouraging words!!

      Delete