Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, July 22, 2019

Rust & Steel miniatures: an old, Tri-ang Minic clockwork truck.

Hi all, I hope you're doing well!!

Today I did a small photo shoot of an old, Tri-ang Minic clockwork truck which I recently acquired. I thought it would be nice to park it inside the garage of a beautiful 1930s dolls house which keeps me company here in my workshop.



The above image is the same as the first one, but edited with various filters to make the spiders web above the truck more clearly visible to you. That spiders web is totally authentic, and came with the house, although the spider who made it has longe since moved out (I guess).


The truck fits in very well, and looks as if it has been there for ages... I don't know if the scale is correct, but honestly I don't care; I just like it the way it is!
The left door of the garage is broken in half, and the broken piece was missing when I got the dolls house. But that is OK with me too!



The above image shows a little bit of the front of the dolls house. The paper with brick pattern that covers the wood has loosened and cracked open with age... just perfect, if you ask me!!




More images and close-ups of the truck. Here you can see the rust on its grill and bumper. The skills of Father Time in terms of weathering objects are an inspiration to me. He is my benchmark and teacher when it comes to weathering, and I hope that one day I'll become as good as he is!



I hope you liked the photo's! I'm sure I'll dedicate a blog to the dolls house itself at some point in the future, but for now, thanks for visiting, and see you next time!
* * *

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful José. I especially love the photo with the spider web. It gives the scene something extra. José when it comes to weathering, you are second to none. No one comes close to your skill in the art of ageing and weathering. Keep up the good work. Very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecaa, as always, thanks so much for your kind words!! I didn't do any weathering this time, as both house and truck were perfectly aged already.But they do serve as reference and inspiration for other projects!

    ReplyDelete