Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Jane's attic update LV: an old pair of boxed leather gloves.

Hi all, I hope you're well! 

The other day I came across a miniature that I thought would be perfect for Jane's attic. And although the attic project is done, if I see something that fits, I'll just add it to it. So in a way it's an ongoing thing of sorts.


The item I saw was a pair of gloves in a box, and my mind immediately created a mental picture of them in the attic, as a memento of the old lady that once lived there.
But the gloves didn't look as you see them in the above image, in fact they were brand new. So...., you will understand that I had to take care of them..!


This image and the below one show the gloves in their original state. Much too clean for my taste!


And below is a close up of the gloves after my 'treatment', sitting on my hand to give you an idea of their size.



Although I was done with the gloves, I got the uncomfortable feeling that something was still missing, that something extra needed to be added. Somehow the box looked too 'bare' to me, so I decided to add a piece of very thin paper, much like you will normally find in boxes containing shoes, ties, and shirts. The paper was weathered to match with the box and gloves. Below you can see the end result...





Now the box was truly done, and ready to be added to Jane's attic. The below pictures show the box sitting on top of a pile of old, hat boxes there.



* * *
Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

5 comments:

  1. Very nicely weathered. They will fit perfectly in the attic. Well done José!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca! Always great to get good reviews from you! :)

      Delete
  2. Both the box along with the gloves appear to have forgotten for decades inside the attic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, what a wonderful surprise to see a comment from you! Welcome back, u were missed! :)

      Delete