Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, January 27, 2023

Elegy for a lost Friend

Now that you're gone

There's nothing 

that I ever wanted more

than to feel you breathe 

just like before.

As the day turns into night

and the pale stars shine on me

I cannot shed 

this sense of dread

nor the shadows in my dreams.

I can not sleep, 

I can not rest, 

nor drown in tears, 

my soul's distress.

Please stay with me, 

don't go just yet

Just one more day, 

my dearest friend!

 

 

The silence screams 

with emptiness

It's getting light 

and you're not there.

Come back to me, 

my sweet old friend

Before the night 

is here again.

And the day turns into night

and the pale stars shine again

And I still can't shed off me

this abhorrent sense of dread.

José Pereira Torrejón


© 2023  José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment