Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Jane's attic, update VIII: the door gets its fittings.

Today I spent a considerable amount of time giving the attic door its fittings, a task easier said than done! 

This image: on the left the original fitting, on the right the same fitting after weathering.

First I decided to 'weather' them, to give them an old, rusty look.  Then of course I needed to drill tiny holes in the door for the doorknob and the minuscule nails that hold the fittings in place, naturally on both sides of the door.



I still need to figure out if I'm going to make an elongated hole on the side, to give the suggestion of a working door. However, I'll need to do this extremely carefully, as any mistake may destroy the door beyond repair...

What I did do, is give the door a real keyhole, meaning a hole that you can actually look through, just like in a real door! I think this adds an element of authenticity to the whole, as well as a 'mysterious' dimension.

This image: light shining through the keyhole.


Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!


© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing José! You definitely gave the lock more character and it fitted in so well with the atmosphere especially with that tiny key hole. That looks so creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfecto el envejecimiento perfecto, me encanta.Buen día:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muchísimas gracias, Rosamaria! Es que, solo necesito verme al espejo, para volverme un experto en el tema de envejecimientos... ;)

    ReplyDelete