Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, November 12, 2018

Jane's attic, update XXIV, a vintage mannequin.

Dear reader,

This update offers a pictorial account of something that many of my female readers surely will find appealing: a mannequin that I just finished for Jane's attic, seen here standing next to a coal kit made earlier for the same purpose.


The basis for the mannequin model was a kit made of plastic; a material which I'm not very fond of, preferring instead the use of more 'natural' materials like wood, metal and stone. Yet I saw it had potential, so I decided to give it a try and see what I could make of it.


The above image shows the original kit. It doesn't look like much, does it?! Well, to me as a miniaturist, the challenge is to try to transform something as unappealing and 'dead' as these pieces of plastic into something 'alive' and interesting to look at! Below images illustrate the result of my endeavors, which I hope you will like. Your feedback is always welcome!

This image: front view of the mannequin.

This image: back view of the mannequin.


This image: close up of the mannequin's iron squirt frame.
This image: view from inside of the frame out.


Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing work José. It looks more robust and solid I would say. It's just perfect for the attic. Another master piece to add to the attic.

    ReplyDelete