Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, November 19, 2018

Metal lever make-over.


got my hands on a metal lever, to be used for a bathroom. The thing looked quite 'cheap' and ugly, to be honest, painted in a bright golden color which hurt my eyes. This made me wonder if, instead of the usual protective glasses, I should be using sunglasses while working on it!


First thing I drilled a hole in the lever's handle, then removed the 'knob' on it, because I thought it was 'too much', and sprayed everything with a coat of primer. The hole was meant to sustain a chain hanging from it. Drilling it was particularly challenging, as the metal was very hard, and the object very small and 'slippery'. But, in the end, I managed to do it without sustaining any wounds, resulting in the below image.


Then I applied several layers of paint, to make it look weathered and corroded, as you can see in the image below. I hope you like the little metamorphosis!


Below are some images of the lever and the chain hanging in place. The cistern and toilet bowl -which are made of metal and wood- I purchased 'pre-owned', and although they will need a tiny bit of additional weathering, they already look very cool (never thought I would ever say that sanitation looks 'cool', but ok), specially now that it's complete with a nice lever and chain (which look cool as well!). They will be used in a future project.







Thanks for visiting and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a huge transformation! and not to mention that it look more realistic and appropriate. Another thumb's up José.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your aging skills are Incredible, however I don't know how you managed to drill a hole into that teeny tiny handle without destroying it- wonder of wonders!

    ReplyDelete