Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Jane's attic, update XXVIII: a portrait of Rain.

Here's another quick update regarding Jane's attic project. And this one happens to be the result of 'international teamwork' between me and Rebecca Micallef, my friend and fellow-miniaturist of 'My Miniature World' fame.


What you see here is a framed print on canvas of a portrait of Rain, the little ghost girl that is one of my creations, and who I often refer to as 'my daughter'. Rebecca made the print at my request, using a special technique of her own, and sent it to me for framing.
Of course, such a wonderful print asked for a suitable frame. So I worked on a nice frame I had, to make it look more nice still; to make it look really antique! And not satisfied with 'weathering' the front of the frame, I also worked on the back, as you can see in the below image.


The canvas print was stuck to a wooden background which I weathered as well, and fixed in the frame, adding two nails and some wire, just like one would see on a life size frame. And although I know that this will be hidden from view, I felt I needed to do it anyway. Leaving the back untreated just because it won't be seen was simply not an option! I must say I'm very happy with the way it turned out, and I hope you think the same!



Thanks for visiting, and see you next time....! 

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

4 comments: