Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Jane's attic, update XXVII: a well-worn chair.

Today I'm sharing another finished small project, this time a 'Louis Something' chair that came as a laser cut kit from Melissa's Miniwereld, and which will find a place to live in Jane's attic. The below image shows the kit after unpacking.


I must say I like Melissa's kits, and after having bought several of them I already became familiar with their distinctive, sweet aroma of burned cardboard, that greets you as soon as you open the package. It ranks high on the list of my favorite aroma's, together with petrol, coffee, burned rubber, and a few others that I really cannot discuss here.


Anyway, the kit was easily assembled, although it took me some time to digest the written instructions, but that's just me being more acquainted with Ikea and Kinder Bueno Surprise egg assembly manuals. The above pic shows the assembled chair, minus the upholstery and painting, which is at one's own discretion. Of course at this point I could have chosen to leave the chair looking like the seat of an old German war plane, but that would be too easy. So I decided to work on it, making it look very nice first, then ravishing it completely to make it suitable for the attic.


And here is the end result! I must admit that the backrest looks as if the chair was used by someone carrying a chainsaw on his back, but I guess that's the beauty of it. You may also note that one of the front legs seems to be a half millimeter shorter than the rest, but any wobbling can be easily solved using a miniature beer mat! In any case, I do hope that you like it!








Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

6 comments:

  1. I love Melissa's kits and you have definitely made a very unique chair which will fit nicely in the attic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca!! I don't make them as pretty as you, but certainly fitting for my purposes :)))

      Delete
  2. I've made up this chair kit and modified it as well and they ARE lovely and very easy to assemble.
    You have once again taken your transformations to an entirely new level as it looks like the old horsehair underpinnings and entirely appropriate to your scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Elizabeth, you're as charming as ever! Thanks for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi José. How Nice to see how the chair looks like,when you make a kit of mine. It looks Amazing and very old.You can be very proud of this result. I love it ��
    Greetings Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, I'm glad you liked the chair; I try to do justice to your wonderful kit! :)

      Delete