Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, November 26, 2018

Jane's attic, update XXX: The stove.

Hi All! Here's another item that I worked on for Jane's attic: an old fashioned stove! It took me a while to 'get it right', and at some point I even stopped working on it for some time, concentrating instead on other items while this one kept 'maturing' in my head. But eventually I pressed on and the result is quite satisfactory, I must say, even surpassing my initial expectations.


Let me show you how the stove looked like when I purchased it, so you can better appreciate its transformation. As you can see in the below image, it was painted in shiny black, very simple, actually.


But then I started working on it, adding more detail and basically turning it into something completely different! 









The coal kit that you see next to the stove in the below pics was added later, after undergoing a similar, radical transformation! Then there is the square of stone tiles which I made for the stove to stand on.








I hope you enjoyed this visual tour; your feedback is always welcome!


Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning work like always José. Apart from the work you've put in the stove, I especially like the flooring and the coal kit. So much to see in such a small miniature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rebecca!! And also thank you for always being there for me, to support me and encourage me to reach greater heights! :)

    ReplyDelete