Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Jane's attic, update XXXII: a pelmet and lace curtains for the attic window.

Sometimes, just when you think you're all 'done' with something, a sudden, fresh look at it reveals that there's still room for improvement! This happened to me when, looking at the attic window with the shutters, it struck me as being a little bit too bare, when viewed from the inside. 


So I decided to correct this by adding a pelmet and lace curtains to it, as well as a short, tattered curtain on top to finish it off. 


The pelmet was built from scratch; and the short curtain, as well as the lace curtains, were dyed to make them look old and weathered. An interesting detail to mention here, is the way the lace curtains were dyed. After soaking them in a specially prepared paint mix, I left them to dry overnight. The next morning, I was surprised to see a very strange, yet incredibly effective color pattern on them. It was never my intention to make them look like this, yet I totally love the way they turned out! It is as if an invisible hand dyed them overnight, making them perfect for the ghostly attic!




Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful José. You never fail to impress me. Those curtains suit the attic so well. Very proud of you x

    ReplyDelete