Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Jane's attic, update XXXIII: a trunk full of books.


Hi everybody, I hope you're all well! Today I'm going to share with you another addition to Jane's attic: a trunk full of wonderful miniature books!


The trunk was a 'ready made' which I bought at a miniatures fair, and then weathered to smithereens. When I was done, the poor thing did look like something completely different, but much more suitable for the attic! Below are several pictures of it after the weathering, including some showing my hand for measurement (all you need to remember is that I have BIG hands, ok..?).








Then I worked on the books, or rather non-assembled book kits, which I got from the lovely Rebecca Micallef. She has a whole collection of close to 100 different titles featuring beautiful, famous (and less famous) vintage books which she adapted for miniatures. Some of the books are Victorian, while others are a bit more modern.


The books come as kits (see above image), and are faithful reproductions of the originals. And the great thing about them, is that you can actually read them!! They are available at her web shop in two scales (1:12, and 1:24), and are a joy to read. They even are numbered on their spine, so you can actually start your own collection! 
For those unsure how to start (like me), she offers a tutorial on her "My Miniature World" blog. Finally, those who want to collect the books but don't want to spend time putting them together, can order them 'ready made'. I chose for the kit format, because I wanted to experience the thrill of 'creating' a book, and ended up doing five!


This image and below: a peek inside "The 3 Little Kittens", 1:12 scale.


The 5 books in the trunk are: "The Circus Procession", "The 3 Little Kittens", "The Story of Miss Moppet", "The Book of Dragons", and "The Gargoyle Book". Once they were done, I put them in the trunk, and presto!


This image and below: a peek inside "The book of Dragons".


This image: a peek inside "The Story of Miss Moppet"


Below are some photo's of how it all looks like now. I'm so thrilled with them, that I will definitely add more!  In fact, I'll use the 1:24 version of some of these books for my "Sad Kitten" project! Thank you, Rebecca, for your patience and guidance! And, of course, for the lovely books!





Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

5 comments:

  1. Wow José the trunk looks fantastic with it's new weathered details and I am so chuffed that you liked my book kits. You give me too much credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! Well those book kits are great, I mean look at them! Don't they look prefect in that trunk? :)

      Delete
    2. Indeed they do! We make a pretty good team!

      Delete
  2. Very Nicely done Jose! I love the aged look of the trunk and also the well-loved effects you've given to each of Rebecca's books!

    ReplyDelete