Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, November 27, 2021

What's the time, little bird?

A little bird lives with me, a very special one indeed! For this little fellow is mechanical, and sits in a cage that doubles as a clock.

There is a sphere at the center of the cage sitting on a pole. It's surrounded by a ring with numbers one to twelve that mark the hours, and a red arrow moves along it very slowly, showing the time. The cage is small, less than 5 inches (12 cm) tall.

And the little bird? Well, he moves sideways, as if pecking seeds on the ground. Tick-tock, tick-tock... Never gets tired. I watch him while I work, with a smile on my face. Tempus fugit, time flies, and another day goes by, dissolving like mist in the warm rays of the sun. The little bird doesn't care, after all he has time on his side. He keeps and eye on me. Tick-tock, tick-tock...

 


I hope you liked this blog. If so, leave a comment, and see you next time. Thank you!!

 

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment