Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Jane's attic update No XLII: The bone dome.

Recently I mentioned my intention of working on a miniature scale model of a glass dome full of animal bones which I have here at home. 
Of course it was not to be an exact replica, as such would be an impossible task, at least within a reasonable time frame, but rather an approximation, capturing the essence of the original. 



So I worked on some 'bones', big and small, as shown on the above and below pictures.




The bones were then placed inside the glass dome, filling it almost to the brim. The original dome has less bones (and does not include a cat skull!) but I thought it would be nice this way; after all, remember I said this was not to be a exact copy!



The dome was then placed on a small table which I painted for this purpose, adding a ragged tablecloth to it, as well as a bouquet of dead flowers. I think the flowers came out pretty well!





Above is an overview picture of the dome on the table with the flowers next to it. The below pictures show the miniature dome standing next to the real one, as well as on my hand for scale! I hope you like it!



Thanks for visiting and see you next time!


© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing piece of art José. It's Brilliant! Like the idea of the bones in the dome like you have. Well done on another accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Rebecca, that's a huge compliment, thanks so much, you're too kind! :)

      Delete