Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, January 26, 2019

The Old Trailer.

Hello Everybody,

In this post I'm discussing the transformation of a trailer; from being a plain and simple decorative item to being a more 'sophisticated' and interesting one to look at.


It all began with a little trailer which was actually a Christmas decoration. Some of you may wonder what a trailer has to do with Christmas, but that's what it was. I got it from my girlfriend because she thought I could 'do' something to it, and, indeed, damn right she was!



Although the little trailer was quite cute on its own, I saw its potential to become something 'better'. Needless to say that adding some weathering to it  definitely 'enhanced' its looks. I also added three 'roof vents' to its roof for more detail.


The trailer included battery-powered back lights, which I thought would look very nice in a dimly lit environment. Yet I added two extra 'faux lights' underneath those, again, for more detail. 



Even though the lights look nice, I think that the trailer also looks very cool when they are out. The platform of a previous project (the Old Circus Wagon, which still needs to be published here) served as a temporary backdrop for the trailer, together with an old O gauge toy train station which I placed behind it.



This concludes this feature on the little trailer. It was much fun to do, and I must say that the pictures came out really well too. Mission accomplished!


Thanks for visiting, and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

2 comments: