Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, January 11, 2019

Jane's attic update No XLIII: A rocking horse.

Recently I bought another wonderful miniature from the talented mister Han Goergen, the same artist that created the wheel chair which was posted earlier in this blog. This time, it was a beautiful rocking horse.


Normally I do perform what I would call some 'after sale' work on ready made items, to make them more 'fit' to their intended use. Usually that involves weathering, adding additional parts, or even getting rid of some. That's exactly what I did with the wheel chair. However, mister Goergen's horse was so totally perfect the way it was, that there really wasn't much for me to do on it! For starters, the weathering was just right, so I did zero work on that!


Yet, stubborn as I am, I still wanted to add something to it of my own, even when it wasn't really necessary. And that 'something' was a saddle. 


So I went about creating one, using all kinds of materials. The only parts that are actually miniature saddle parts are the stirrups. The rest, like the seat, saddle blanket and stirrup leathers were created 'on the go', in other words, I improvised. And I must say I'm really happy with how it came out! I do hope that mister Goergen will like this additions to his horse!
And, just in case you wonder: the saddle is not fixed to the horse, so it can easily be removed if need be! 



Above image: the rocking horse was already perfectly weathered, so I left it 'as is'.




Thanks for visiting and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

5 comments:

  1. It just keeps getting better and better. I'm totally standing in awe of this additional piece. Apart from the rocking horse, that saddle is a work of art. Well done José.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rebecca, you're giving me too much credit here! Yet very happy with your encouraging comments, thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring post, glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the horse and the saddle are Terrific and you have matched the color of the saddle blanket with the paint on the rocker, to perfection!

    ReplyDelete