Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, January 6, 2019

The magic of Amado-Gravagno porcelain dolls.

Today I saw a picture of a beautiful doll made by Amado-Gravagno porcelain ball jointed dolls. Like all their exclusive dolls, it was a real, one of a kind beauty, and -of course- already sold! 

Yet, her image haunted me; there was a certain look in her eyes that said so much! For some reason, I felt the urge to edit the photo published by Paulina Gravagno, to accentuate further the soul that the artist's hands had so lovingly put into the doll. While doing so, I transformed her jointed limbs into ones of 'flesh and blood', added an extra spark to illuminate her eyes, and there she was... living and breathing in all her porcelain splendor!


I showed my 'fan art' to Paulina, and kindly received permission to post it here for all of you to enjoy! You can view the incredible Amado-Gravagno dolls here!


Thanks for visiting and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author. Original picture © Paulina Gravagno, used with permission.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She does! Their dolls are not only beautiful, but also anatomically very accurate! I just applied a "José feel" to the pic, that's all :)

      Delete