Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Jane's attic update No XL: a front for the dolls house.



When I built the miniature dolls house kit for Jane's attic, it was never my intention to include its facade. After all, this was supposed to be an old, derelict dolls house missing some of its parts, so I focused on its interior which was the part to  be on display.

But then a little voice told me that it would be good to work on the front too, and simply put it next to the house, to allow a view of the latter's interior. So I worked on it, inside and out, and below you can see the result.


Above image: the finished dolls house.


Above and below images: view of the interior, with different wallpaper patterns applied to each individual segment.








Above image: I placed some wood on the door to make it look a bit like some kind of weird grille or grating. Sometimes I do crazy stuff like this, because in the end it's all about having fun.. and fun I had!


Thanks for visiting and see you next time!

© José Pereira Torrejón. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this blog may be distributed, published or reproduced without prior authorization from the author.

4 comments:

  1. Now it definitely looks complete. I love how the weathered wall paper looks on the back of the front panel. You have done an amazing job José.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I was wondering.... should I also include a chimney....? : ))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm A chimney! Oh yes José! What's a dolls house without a chimney? Definitely you must add one!

      Delete